Having an engaging and professional CV (curriculum vitae) is a foot in the door when applying for a new job. You need to realize that jobs can have hundreds of applications so you need to stand out from the crowd. Here are some essentials to get an attention grabbing CV
- In addition to detailing your educational qualifications, put down any committees, volunteer or social responsible activities you were involved in at college - use discretion when choosing what to include
- Focus on the benefits you provided the businesses you were previously employed at rather than simply listing the skills you used.
- Ensure you have a continuous timeline or are prepared to explain that you had a career break. Some people like to put these in or leave them out. There are advantages and disadvantages to both options including factors such as the length of time between jobs.
- Try to keep your CV down to a manageable length as your CV will be read amongst many other applicants. If your career spans 20 years your first job may not be relevant or applicable anymore for example.
- List any business improvement activities you suggested or were part of implementing
- Experiment with fonts and templates to compare the visual effect to see what would be more engaging to your prospective employer.
- Get a friend to review your CV comparing the old to the new and get their opinion on which they find more engaging and informative.
CV and application letter templates
Jobfortune.com aggregates job listings from states across the USA. We list a variety of jobs including full time, casual and contract roles. Jobs are automatically updated as employers post new roles. Take the opportunity to apply for a number of jobs and increase your chances of a successful job application. Bookmark and share on your favorite social network. Our job network is optimized for Desktop, Tablet, Console and Mobile devices.
are provided in the download section of the site.
Jobfortune.com is a free USA job search service for local or interstate jobs hiring right now. We do not represent, endorse, nor in any way affiliated with those employers, agents or entities listed on our site. For specific job inquiries, please contact the hiring company directly. Jobs are refreshed regularly so bookmark RSS feeds to track your job favorites. Whilst every effort has been made to represent accurate job listings, we are reliant on third party job feeds as displayed above and on other parts of Jobfortune.com.Jobfortune.com Address
: 2220 Meridian Blvd Suite #HP529 Minden, NV, 89423 USA Phone
: +1 347 732 5227